Talking Gilmore Girls

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 12, 2006

Best Rory Moment

We are in summer slumber, where the news of Gilmore Girls is little and hardly bursting. There's no episodes to watch, except those already on DVD. No tears or worries, for I plan on keeping the blog up and running with new posts. I've been letting it slumber along with the end of season six, but not anymore. The blog is a great place to keep up the Gilmore drama and laughter, so I'm going to start the fire. It'll start small at first because I'd like to give myself time to get things brewing. We'll first start with opinions about Rory's best moment. It can be anything. Funny. Sad. Dramatic. Anything that you instantly think about at the mention of Rory Gilmore. Are there any moments, old and new, that you consider above all else? Do you have any moments that make you hit the mute button so that you don't have to listen? Are there any Rory moments that make you giggle?

To get the ball going, I'll state one of my best Rory moment. Do you remember Lorelai and Rory's trip to Harvard back in season two's The Road Trip To Harvard episode? Well, when the mother/daughter team is touring the campus by themselves and Rory is captivated by the size of the campus's library, I can never get over Rory's reaction:

"RORY: I'm a failure.

LORELAI: What?

RORY: I am stupid.

LORELAI: Oh stop.

RORY: I am uniformed and ignorant and. . .I can't even think of a second synonym for uninformed. I suck.

LORELAI: Honey.

RORY: Thirteen million volumes? I've read like, what, three hundred books in my entire life and I'm already sixteen? Do you know how long it would take me to read thirteen million books?

LORELAI: But honey, you don't have to read every one of them. "Tuesday's with Morrie?" Skip that. "Who Moved My Cheese?" Just stuff you already know.

RORY: Okay, but every kid coming to Harvard is inevitably reading books, and different books, and I want to be able to converse intelligently with each of them and I can't do that unless I read books, at least a few from every genre and sub-genre."

It just about kills me everytime I watch it. It is so Rory. Right down to her character.

P.S. And if any of you have ideas or suggestions about future posts, please contact me via email (Rudy8850@yahoo.com). Of course, I will be rewatching season 4 episodes because that season is my favorite. And I'll post any new news or updates about Gilmore Girls when and if they come.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, this is a great idea. First of all, I really enjoyed Rory hugging her clothes that are hanging in the closet thing, when her and Lor come back from their Europe trip. And secondly, I loved Rory's book smelling in season five. That was cute! However, my all time crying time is Rory's "give in" to wallowing after kissing Tristan. Her sitting there sad and ice cream in hand was so teary.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those are great ones, but I'd prefer Rory's dance. Her and Dean were great back then. Adorable.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One of the worse Rory moments for me was her freak out in season one after the deer hit her. Personally, I can't stand that episode just because of that. Well, there is that moment in the diner when she's studying and Luke brings her something. I think that is my favorite Luke/Rory moment.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    I look all of Rory's studying moments as well. Especially Rory and Lor's studying in that episode.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rory's dance dress was pretty and adorable. I also like Rory's study moments, too. Her study tree. Ha, ha.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, yeah. The study tree. That was a little wierd and sort of funny.

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about her to-do lists? Those help make her character more innocents and funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home