Talking Gilmore Girls

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, May 19, 2006

Once More With Feeling...

From the preview clips, we all knew that Lorelai was to confront Luke. But as the episode aired, came and went, things didn't fire up until the end. And I posted that night the ending of all GG endings in just four words -- Lor in Chris's bed. But I'm still in a bundle from the GG finale, and I thought that I'd post something better on the episode for Lindy's sake (because she didn't get to catch it). So here's a post just for you Lindy (though all are welcome to respond).

Hide and No Seek:
Luke comes looking for Lor. He has already checked the Inn and when he comes looking at the house, Lor ducks and hides in Rory's room. Patty is the one who gets rid of him because she has been looking after Paul Anka, who apparently is more like her fourth husband. But can I say one thing -- Patty never fails to amuse me! She ignores Luke's pondering Lor questions by running wild with her imagination -- Luke in tights. Ha. That shut him up. And got him gone. What gets me though, is that Patty accepts the excuse of a lovers-quarrel from Lorelai, but back in season five everyone was up in arms when Luke and Lor didn't return home together from Em and Ric's vow renewal. Crazy, I know. Aside from Patty's dismissal, I loved having her character in the finale, even if it was short lived. She is just a whoot to have on the show, and any Patty time is great time for me. Okay, moving on.

The Graduate and The Learner:
Logan is set to graduate, and all he can see as he gets ready is flashes. Yep, Rory has gone crazy with the camera. She is taking pictures like there is no tomorrow, and one is of his butt. "It's not a keeper," she says, "it's a screensaver." Ha. Ha. She actually craked me up with that one, even now it makes me giggle. Yes, giggle. Okay, Logan graduates. So he accomplished something, but he isn't the only one to accomplish something. Rory learns from the most unusal person -- Mitchum Huntzberger, who else? -- that she has to let Logan grow up. "It is time for him to stop jumping out of planes in gorilla masks. And getting blaster. Ending up in a hospital." "Now, Logan is going to grow up." I couldn't agree with you more, evil Daddy Huntz.

Typical Emily:
What's a finale with out a little Emily? She is just as brilliant, vibrant and devious as ever. Emily sets Chris up with a friend's daughter, I forget her name, and the whole time she is clearly trying to match them. I guess it's a good thing that Ma Gilmore is so forthright, because it made for some entertaining parts, especially the *looks* that Lorelai and Chris shared throughout the whole Firday night dinner on account of the surprise pairing. But I was even more floored when Chris runs to catch Lor in the bathroom and asks her to save him. Ha. He contemplated sneaking out by trying to recall some of the old spots. It reminded me of Lorelai giving directions for Rory's escape at the Male Yale party. Then the best thing happened -- Just before Chris exists the bathroom, he...so gently...so naturally rubs Lorelai's arm, like it's the most common thing in the world. *I about doubled over in happiness. LOR AND CHRIS FOREVER, BABY! Back to Lor saving Chris. While seated at the dinner table, Lorelai keeps interrupting Emily's gun-ho matching by asking about ridiculous dreams, phobias and such. They were so funny that I actually felt like I was in season one. It had the freshness of that season to it, no? And Chris's reactions...well, he actually was about to burst. He had me cracking up all by himself, and he didn't do a darn thing. Anyway, I was thinking about Emily. She's scheming, right? So she could have intentionally invited Chris and set him up with a girl in order to dangle him in front of Lorelai in hopes that Lor and Chris...well you know. I know, I know. I'm reaching.

All Troubadours All The Time:
That is right. Stars Hollow is the troubadour music spot. And if you are thinking that Town Papa Taylor isn't happy, then you'd be right. And as usual, Taylor voices his opinions out loud. He insults the hippy-dippies right outside of the dinner by telling them that they didn't have any talent. Oh, yeah. At that moment, when Town Papa screams it, I just kept imagining that all of the troubadous swarmed and beat him up. It would have been a great way to get Town Papa back in the electric wheel chair. Ha. That would have been something to look forward to. Later on, Taylor gives up, of course after he puts up a good fight. I even have to admit that the troubadours all the time wasn't a great ASP idea. It got tiring let me tell you. They were everywhere. Singing at the same time. Horrible, just horrible. There was this one song: "A Beaver Ate My Thumb". Weird. Oh, so weird. And freaky. Freaky, too.

It's Now Or Never:
Lor confronts Luke after a backseat therapy session with the girl Emily try to match Chris with. But before I jump there, I'd like to recall a few things discussed in the therapy session. Max was mentioned. I'm glad, too. I felt that that should have been brought up, since she almost married him. And then something that caught me off guard. Lorelai said, "I've never really loved anyone before Luke" (I don't think that's true; I sure hope that's not true). And then the girl said somthing along the lines like, "you don't have Luke now, not the way you want to have him." I thought that was genius. That line was so great. Lorelai must have thought so too because she seeks Luke out after that. And the rant that we have all been waiting for: "Let's elope." "I Love you Luke; I love YOU." "Do you care about me?" "I've been waiting for along time and I don't want to wait anymore." "You are going to have to figure out how April fits into our lives, not the other way around." "No. I'm not waiting. It's now or never." Wow, huh? It still gives me shivers. And it left me thinking that she should have thrown her ring at him. Or at least in the grass. LOL.

The Goodbye:
A party. A keg. A blonde wig. A bad British accent. A red hat and red outfit. But it's bittersweet all the same. And when Logan asks Rory to tell him not to go, I felt a lump in my throat. He seemed so sincere, so loving, so not the evil Son Huntz at the beginning of season five. Then the alarm went off. He's pulling the sheep's clothing over his head. But all things are saved when Rory finally learns that she can't ask him that. And so she said. It's like the season 1-3 Rory. Aside, the big, tear jerker ending comes when Logan wouldn't let her go and say goodbye at the airport. She starts to freak out. But he keeps things calm by telling her that he paid for the apartment for another whole year. For her. Sweet, huh? Then Logan draws even more of my tears as he kisses her and says, "I love you, Ace." He's gone and out the door. I'm shouting "oh, yeah. Oh, yeah." But then she runs to the door and sees him as the elevator door shuts. And all that I can process is that he still has his cane. How sad for him.

I Guess It's Never:
Lor in Chris's bed. That's all I'm going to say, since I feel that those four words conveys everything. Well, maybe I should mention the morning after events. After all, Gigi was so sweet. A complete turn around to the middle of the season. Okay, so what's so funny and cute is that as Chris is getting Gigi ready for school she sees Lor naked in the bed and says, "Who is that?" "Is she sick? I don't like to wear my nightgown to bed when I'm sick either." Hee. Hee. And after Chris tells Gigi goodbye because the nanny's taking her to school (what else did you expect? Chris has money.), Chris takes off his robe (Yeah, just boxers. Shoo. He's so hooooooot, like fire.), gets back into bed and hugs Lor up. That's it. That is how it ends. How wish fulfillment is that? Huh?

Oh, Yeah. Rory's Building:
Remember the money that Ma and Pa Gilmore were going to donate to Yale on Rory's behalf for a building? Well, they presented the model building right before Rory bailed on Friday night dinner. The lettering is so huge, it'd be about 30 feet high if built to scale. And you'll never guess what it's called or what kind...The Rory Gilmore Astronomy Building. I know, astronomy? Guess Ma and Pa decided that there were too many libraries. And oh, I almost forgot. There's going to be a portrait of Rory inside. I just hope that next year writers will pick up with this one.

Okay, gals and guys. Here ends my post of the finale called Partings. I know that you guys have probably hashed it out already, but if there is something you'd like to rant, chat or carry on about, then please do. And Lindy, I hope this was helpful in giving you a picture of what happened in season six's last installment.

* Quotes are from memory, so excuse any misquotes. And correct me if I just missed the whole thing.

** (I know that "Once More With Feeling" is Buffy, but I thought that the title represents what I'm feeling right now.)

7 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Rudy. You have gotten me all worked up again, so much so that I want to watch it again.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gigi was a hoot!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lindy said…

    Thank you thank you thank you!!! =) I feel so loved..*giggle* what an awesome, horrible, tear-jerker, hilarious, awful season finale! LOL.it seems like the finale was so emotional, I really wish i could have seen it on TV. Thank you sooooo much Rudy for taking the time and effort (and blog space...did you see how much detail this girl put into that post? ) =) Thanks again...BTW, i hope this comment makes sense. I'm home from work with a migraine today, so I'm hoping that my brain is still functioning properly enough to write a good comment. =)

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    You are completely welcome. I have to say that it was kind of hard for me to articulate anything, for the finale had and still has me in this state of jumble. I loved it and I loved it. What else can I say?

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad that you posted a overview, too, because my television went out for the first 25 minutes.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger RUDY said…

    Oh, I hate that. My television went out on the next to last episode of Alias last Wednesday. It stinks, huh?

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, it does. Did you know that ABC offers Alias episode for viewing on their site?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home