Talking Gilmore Girls

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Introducing Lorelai Planetarium

So last night. It was interesting to say the least. I enjoyed this episode without any looming homework threats and ridiculous interruptions...which fills me with candycanes. I had a cup of coffee in hand and a pad to scribble down some notes. Notes? Yeah, I know. I just didn't have the energy to worry with the VCR last night, which means I didn't record the episode. But no worries. Lucky for me, and you, I was able to jot down some points of interest.

To start off, let's rehash with a short recap of 7.8: Introducing Lorelai Planetarium. Lorelai cooked snails. Rory ignored and alienated two people close to her. And Luke sat in ER hell. Okay. That's the recap. It's short and makes no sense, but it does paint a picture. Doesn't it?

Alright. For my reflections on last night's episode, I really only have a couple of things to share. First and foremost is...

"Screw you, Logan!" Ha! I think that was the best line of the night. In just three little words, Rory finds her back bone. A great step for her character and an awesome step for the R&L relationship. Rory is now seeing how I've felt this whole time. The sad thing is that Logan was the one to dish out my barn yard song. But that's find. I can deal with it. Plus, I loved how it all came about. Rory goes to "rich" party. Rory bashes the party in her latest article. Logan takes it personally...after all, he is one of them. But...ah-ha, Rory is one of them, too. Or at least, that is Logan's opinion. And yeah, I agree. Rory has turned into one of them. She isn't the Stars Hollow girl any more. But before Rory blows the screw to Logan, he points out her rent-free living. (Wince) I don't know if I'm siding with him on that point or not. He did offer it to her (which she points out to the prancing fairies later on).

"You and your wife can go in now." Errrrrr...crash. Looks like Luke finds out from the doc about Lorelai's recent vows. Well, the doc just leads Luke to the end of the trail...the shiny band on Lorelai's finger. In that moment of seeing and processing, Luke looks both shocked, pained and broken. Makes me ache a little. But it doesn't make me change my mind. Chris and Lor forever!

"Twenty years in the making." The scene between Lorelai and Rory near the episode's end was wonderful. Lorelai's speech about her decision to impulsively marry Chris and Rory's happiness over the marriage was just what I needed. The addition of Lorelai's apology for not giving Rory a call was even more of a treat for me. I just loved the reasoning. Talking to Rory would have caused Lor to think, explain or analyze. She didn't want to talk herself out of marrying Chris. She just wanted to do it. Fine by me. I wanted her to do it as well.

To end this post, I'll leave you with a classic quote from the episode:
"Lorelai Gilmore without the Gilmore is...like...Gil-less."

Heehee. The things the writers come up with.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Three things:
    1. I missed Marty
    2. Loved the snails
    3. Adored Chris and Lor's happiness over the marriage.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi. It's me, again. I've only posted a couple of times I think, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts.

    I have missed Marty. I think it is a great thing for the show on Rory's end to bring back this character. My only concern is that he's back with feelings for her, where she's again not going to reciprocate those feelings. I wish they would though. I just love the idea of Rory and Marty. But what can you do.

    As for Chris, he's growing on me. But I'm sorry RUdy and Anon, I still want a Luke and Lorelai hook up. Since the beginning, its always been Lorelai and Luke for me. I think I'll wait before I give it up to her childhood love. Because that is what Christopher is -- her CHILDHOOD love.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    Aw, well...people have their own opinions. I respect your decision. For me, I have always enjoyed the Luke and Lorelai dynamic, but I've had the notion of Chris and Lorelai as soulmates since his first appearance in the first season. Plus, I've missed Marty, too.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ow. Sally, you make me cringe. Not to get hostile or anything, but I think that her past relationship with Chris was cut short...which didn't give them time to get their chance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home