Talking Gilmore Girls

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A GG Tid-bit

I love Italy. I love Italian food, music and guys. My walls are covered with Italian landscapes and monuments. Hence, I love biscotti. In the Gilmore world, biscotti is high fashion after the Europe trip. In season four's Ballrooms & Biscotti episode, Lorelai and Rory are seen with the delicious treats on more than one occassion. So naturally, I thought that I'd share with all this GG tid-bit. Biscotti comes from Italy, as if you didn't know from my intro. Biscotti is crisp Italian cookies made by baking cookie dough in two long slabs, cutting them into half-inch thick pieces and reheating them to dry them out. It is no wonder that a biscotto (sing. form) interests the Gilmore girls. And the fact that it is huge in the espresso bar experience just makes it more desired. I wonder, though, am I the only biscotti fanatic. Do any of you Gilmore fans enjoy the crisp treat? And can anyone guess how many times that Rory and Lorelai are actually eating biscotti in the season four premiere episode, even though they use the word countlessly?

10 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Donut Shop said…

    Biscotti... yum.
    BTW, Milo is on an NBC show called "Heroes" that's looking mighty promising. Sorta kinda like the movie 'Unbreakable'. So, as for GG time, I guess we just have to wait and see.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've always seen them at coffee shops, but never had the real nerve to buy one.

    Milo, heroes, hmmm. Sounds interesting!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Girlscout said…

    Um, Rudy, you did not tell me you had a Gilmore blog! I love it!! You know, you might try googling Gilmore icons, I know I found some good ones.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    I took you advice and just look at the banner!

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a good banner. Just love Lor eating the danish. And OMG! I love biscotti. I didn't at first, but since the Gilmore girls do I thought "why not try it?" And bam...I love 'em.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    Great to see that GG has an influence, and thanks for the banner complement, but I'll have to pass. The banner is my doing but the icons themselves aren't. Hope to have my own up asap, but for now I just have two that is in a new post.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lindy said…

    I love biscotti! Especially the chocolate covered kind...I loooooove chocolate..and biscotti...with a nice cup of coffee. MMmmm!!!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the chocolate ones, too. But for some reason I can't eat them with my coffee. I have to drink my coffee seperate -- by itself. Don't rightly know why, but that's who I am -- "drink-coffee-seperate" girl.

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, woah. Those things are too dry and hard for me. I'd have to dunk them and I don't dunk in the coffee.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lindy said…

    Rudy-I was in starbucks the other day and what did they have at the counter? Biscotti! I got an almond flavored one, and i thought of this post that you wrote =) heehe

    It was verrrrrrrrry good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home