Talking Gilmore Girls

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 17, 2006

S4...Ooo La La


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


For the past month and a half, I’ve been biting into my DVD bunker and re-watching all of my favorites. Charmed, Lost and Everwood have kept me company, but oh, ho! I’ve been hankering for some Gilmore. Given my love for season four, I relaxed last night and dived into the first two discs. And I must say that it’s given me a calm, a sweet release! This season springs forth more humor and witty repartee than ever seen or enjoyed. It is completely an Ooo La La season.

Lauren Graham is extremely incredible at her job. Her skills amaze me in this bright season, and I’m not just calling the season bright because of the box. No, it’s Lauren’s beauty on screen! There really isn’t any line or dialogue that she can’t present. Her “mattress” banter with Luke in The Lorelais’ First Day At Yale proves just that. The writing there was great, though the delivery was just genius! But not only can she spit out words by the second with graciousness, she can spill emotion even grander. Saying goodbye to Rory at the dormitory’s main entrance ties that skill in a nice, neat package. And another highlight concerning Lauren this season is her hair. I swear it’s the best she has ever sported. The long and curly really works.

Mama’s girl! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I can’t say that I thoroughly enjoyed the writers direction with Rory’s attachment to her mother in the second episode of the season, but Alexis Bledel did deliver with some taste. Well, enough taste that I didn’t want to hurl. The exchange was a little out of Rory’s character. I would have figured Lorelai for a reaction like that, if I considered one necessary at all. However, Alexis had Rory pinned to the wall this season. There is no guy to play around with -- to screw her up, except for Dean…ahhhhhh…I haven’t gotten there so I won’t dwell. Rory is really in her element this season. It’s all about school and college life. Dating, studying and…partying? All of the things surrounding a college student, even pissed off ballerinas (hee hee). Oh, how I miss that the past two seasons!

I wanted to type too, that all of the other characters are just as “ab fab” as the leading ladies. Emily is marvelous! Her Friday night hostage extravaganza was too great. Completely Emily, and I loved it. Then, clueless Luke…such a funny character. And movie night -- AWESOME! And let’s not forget Kirk - he is still as quirky as ever. His affection toward Lorelai was coo coo, but definitely foreseeable. Now, the best for last: Richard Gilmore. Out of all the side character, he is the one I love. His relationships with Rory and Lorelai are too remarkable. He is definitely up there in the ranks with Graham, for he can fence with the best of them (figuratively speaking, of course).

What are your thoughts on this season? I don’t know most of your affections toward this season on account that I started this blog in the middle of season six. But what are your feelings about no-men Rory, the path of L&L and the plots? Good? Bad? Gilmore? Not Gilmore?

P.S. Want info on S2 Lost DVD news and S2 VM news? Then check out my Random Chatter blog. Trust me, you'll love the news!

11 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Season four isn't my favorite (season one is), but it does rank third (after season two -- jess). As for Lorelai, or I should say graham, she is stunning this season with the hair as you said and the acting. She seems really happier in this season with her character. And things are going great for Lor. The Dragon Fly is opening and love is in the air.

    Kirk - don't like him as much as in other seasons. He's kind of annoying now. I'm like..."kirk could you move from the screen."
    ;(

    But I couldn't agree with you more about Richard. He seems have more episodes in season four, and he is great in all of them.

    Jason - Sorry I just had to bring him up. Didn't you all think at the finale's end that Jason looked like grandpa with the beard and sweater? I sure did.

    *And Thanks for telling me about your post concerning VM and Lost on your random chatter blog. Can't wait! :)

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heeeee, heeeeeeeeeee! Jason...sweater...beard -- too funny!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    Now, now. I thought Kirk was "particularly funny" (say with Michelle accent) in season four. His date rehearsal and date, his mailbox offers. He's kind of good this season.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Season four wasn't all bad. luke and Lor get together. True, there is the Rory/Dean reunion tour from crap. That only makes it interesting, no? Then what about kirk finding someone -- Lulu...ha! Thought he'd be alone forever. Also, the DF opens and it is awesome. Seems to fit with Lor's personality, and offers great scenery for the first L/L kiss. What more could girls asks for? Ahmm...I was kind of hoping too. I'll admit it. But even with all this, I'm with Anon. Season four isn't the best, season two is.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think he took up too much of the screen in my opinion. I'd rather see more of Miss Patty or Babette or even Mrs. Kim.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hated Kirk in The Festival of Living Art episode. I enjoyed the festival, but Kirk got annoying with the mesisah complex.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    I just rewatched that last night for inspiration...I paint and watching thinks about painting and such help me get motivated. Anyhoo! I don't like the Kirk parts either, especially his speech. Everything else was okay, IMO.

    I'm now finishing up the 3rd disc, and I got a few posts brewing. Yepee!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Artist, huh Rudy? Cool. I've never really digged it, but I did take some of the classes in high school.

    My favorite thing of the season is Jason Stiles's dog. A little to the left...so funny and weird.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "digged" -- What are we in the 70's? LOL!

    Jason's dog was funny. Personally, I liked Jason better than Max. I feel like Lor can be herself better with Jason, and he seems to fit with her wacky...I mean Dean didn't really fit with them or their banter, he just had to watch out and observe them.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger RUDY said…

    I liked Jason, too. He made some really great moments, like the date/grocery shopping scene or the "waving crazy because I'm on the phone with Emily" moment. Truly priceless moments.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Lor could have found someone better, but that's me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home